My name’s Ron and I like to write about stuff. Weird stuff. Stuff that’s fun/sad, magical/mundane, morbid/uplifting, deep/shallow, insightful/ridiculous, subjective/objective, big/small, topical/irrelevant, good/bad/really bad/Why would you write that?/OH GOD MY EYES! And fairies, ghosts, superpowers, and robots. So far.
My girlfriend and I live on the border between the great states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and I commute via train to the NYC area. Before you “Oh god that sounds awful!” me, let me tell you, it’s not. It’s wonderful. I live ten minutes from New Hope, PA (if you don’t know, go) yet get to see NYC on a daily basis. Ain’t nothing awful about that. One hour each way provides plenty of writing/reading time 😀
I have a BA in English Literature from Seton Hall University (if you’re curious about such things) and am the Training Manager for a software company. Yes I know, a strange place for a guy who writes about fairies, ghosts, and superpowers. And robots. If you think that’s weird, you should see what happens when the fairies get in the projector.
Some (a lot of) additional notes:
- I’m represented by Kaitlyn Johnson of Belcastro Agency
- Check out my Goodreads author page HERE and my Amazon author page OVER HERE
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite food – Thai
- Favorite drink – A good Boulevardier. Non-alcoholic? Coffee, of course
- Favorite book – A Christmas Carol. It’s perfect. If you want something more recent, Jonathan Stroud’s Lockwood and Co.
- Favorite TV show – The Great British Baking Show. Come at me
- Favorite movie – Princess Bride. I mean, come on
- Favorite place to write – Trains, coffee shops, office, the kitchen table
- Superman or Batman? – Lobo
- If I were going on Naked and Afraid the one survival item I’d bring would be bug spray. Seriously
- Tattoos – Yes. A bunch
- Outdoors-y? – Um, did you not look at any of my header images?
- Dogs or cats – Either. I have a cat
- Fun fact: I’m a certified yoga instructor. Well, I guess that’s fun for people who like yoga
- As a cold weather guy, I’d like to retire to Alaska or maybe Maine. My girlfriend and I recently visited both, so there’s probably some recency bias there. If I had to choose between the two, I’d pick Maine because their lake and forest monsters are cooler
- Favorite quote – “Opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.” (unknown)
- Favorite quote from a writer – “Important does not equal immediate. You don’t need to dump all the details on one page.” (John McGoran speaking at the Writer’s Digest Conference, 2015)
- Co-favorite quote from a writer – “Characters poop plot.” (Chuck Wendig, speaking at the Writer’s Digest Conference, 2018)
Working on the first draft of a new middle grade centered around modern treasure hunting as a game. Set in Boston, we’ll see a cool family, rivalries, black market historical artifacts, and fun. Might try to finish it during 2021’s #NaNoWriMo, if I’m feeling sadistic.
That’s it! Thanks for reading. If you see me on the train or run into me anywhere else (like the Twitter) please say hi. If you’d like to contact me, send an email to ron(at)rdelaneyjr(dot)com.