My name’s Ron and I like to write about stuff. Weird stuff. Stuff that’s fun/sad, magical/mundane, morbid/uplifting, deep/shallow, insightful/ridiculous, subjective/objective, big/small, topical/irrelevant, good/bad/really bad/Why would you write that?/OH GOD MY EYES! And fairies, ghosts, superpowers, and robots. So far.
My girlfriend and I live on the border between the great states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and I commute via train to the NYC area. Before you “Oh god that sounds awful!” me, let me tell you, it’s not. It’s wonderful. I live ten minutes from New Hope, PA (if you don’t know, go) yet get to see NYC on a daily basis. Ain’t nothing awful about that. One hour each way provides plenty of writing/reading time 😀
I have a BA in English Literature from Seton Hall University (if you’re curious about such things) and am the Training Manager for a software company. Yes I know, a strange place for a guy who writes about fairies, ghosts, and superpowers. And robots. If you think that’s weird, you should see what happens when the fairies get in the projector.
Some (a lot of) additional notes:
- I’m represented by Kaitlyn Johnson of Corvisiero Literary Agency
- Check out my Goodreads author page HERE and my Amazon author page OVER HERE
- Favorite color – Red
- Favorite food – Thai
- Favorite drink – A good Boulevardier. Non-alcoholic? Coffee, of course
- Favorite book – A Christmas Carol. It’s perfect. If you want something more recent, Jonathan Stroud’s Lockwood and Co. is a fav of mine
- Favorite TV show – The Walking Dead, with Doctor Who a close second. Honorable mentions to Supernatural and Ink Master (how do you not love people volunteering to be tattooed by someone they’ve never met, whose style and skill they don’t know?)
- Favorite movie – Princess Bride. I mean, come on
- Favorite place to write – Trains, coffee shops, office, the kitchen table
- Superman or Batman? – Lobo
- If I were going on Naked and Afraid the one survival item I’d bring would be bug spray. Seriously
- Tattoos – Yes. A bunch
- Outdoors-y? – Um, did you not look at any of my header images?
- Dogs or cats – Either. I have a cat
- Fun fact: I’m a certified yoga instructor. Well, I guess that’s fun for people who like yoga
- As a cold weather guy, I’d like to retire to Alaska or maybe Maine. My girlfriend and I recently visited both, so there’s probably some recency bias there. If I had to choose between the two, I’d pick Maine because their lake and forest monsters are cooler
- Favorite possession – My red 2001 Jeep. Love that stupid thing
- Favorite quote – “Opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.” (unknown)
- Favorite quote from a writer – “Important does not equal immediate. You don’t need to dump all the details on one page.” (John McGoran speaking at the Writer’s Digest Conference, 2015)
- Co-favorite quote from a writer – “Characters poop plot.” (Chuck Wendig, speaking at the Writer’s Digest Conference, 2018)
My new 90K words Adult SciFi is out to critique partners! SILVER is sad, fun, ironic, timely, and hella different than anything I’ve written before. I love it. While it’s being picked apart, I’m going back to some beloved characters and writing Book 2 of my middle grade ghost hunter series.
That’s it! Thanks for reading. If you see me on the train or run into me anywhere else (like the Twitter) please say hi. If you’d like to contact me, send an email to ron(at)rdelaneyjr(dot)com.